Everyone is talking about the ongoing fashion weeks, I mean not my friends - most of them don't give a damn about fashion weeks- but people who have some interest in fashion or people who are famous. Knowing about the Paris/New York/Milan/London FWs and reading all those Nylon, Vogue, Love etc posts on Twitter I myself was too lazy to check pictures/videos of any recent shows. I was thinking: oh I'll look through them after everything finishes and the dust settles - I'm not some crazy trend-obsessed fashionista. But today I saw Prada's show. A Twitter link lead me to the website and there was I just staring at the screen like a lunatic. I didn't even have too search for anything - the video-window was on the homepage playing non-stop (which meant I was watching the end and then the beginning and the middle of the show). First thing that attracted my attention was the chosen soundtrack - my favourite kind of light 60s jazz theme, reminiscent of Breakfast at Tiffany's soundtrack. Then I saw the location - if I'm not mistaken it looked like some kind of terme or catacombs with vaulting and high ceilings. There were also screens with colourfull collages and animations on the walls contrasting with the monumental and ancient-looking design of the place. There wasn't a single catwalk, models weren't walking on pedestal height - they were just taking different routes in between the people who were seated in groups separated by the paths. Some of the models (even the experienced ones like Natasha Poly for example) sometimes forgot of the fixed route thay had to take, but that didn't spoil anything really - made it look more natural. The general feeling which I suppose was the idea behind this multi-route catwalking is of a lively street where people - in this case women - are moving in different directions and crossing each others ways and all that. The models in their womanly dresses, skirts and more rarely trousers honourably contrasted with the biker leather/denim clad audience . The bustier styling on some dresses reminded me of the middle of the nineteenth century* but the shape of the outfits in general was more from 50s-60s. There were also those lovely cut-out dresses with ruffled detail on the bustier and perfect coats, some of them with combined collars where warm woolen/patent sandy fabrics were sandwiched with fluorescent blue fur. One of the main accents of the collection were of course prints - rather dark and geometric - and all kinds of thick woolen coloured tights and over the knee socks. Wouldn't say that it worked in all the outfits and on some legs they looked rather bad, but it was an interesting idea. Shoes were quite different though most of them had sharp noses and thin heels. The hieghts waried from skyscraper high (ok after Alien and VW everything seems low, but you get the idea) to classic low sharp-nosed ones. I wouldn't say that shoes were my favourite part of the collection, I even doubt it whether I
liked the clothes at all, but I couldn't resist the charm of the show itself. Music which became more modern when some additional sounds appeared, location, decoration, busy-street effect - everything. Well Miuccia and her team rarely fail to impress me. If not so with collection then with the way of presenting it.
*well of course it wasn't proper 19th century effect, it's just that all those buttoned up and collared tops of the dresses reminded me of this kind of styling:
and here are some of my favourites from the AW10/11 Prada.
all the pictures were taken from the marieclaire.co.uk, click any to enlarge and to see the source
P.S. the menswear AW collection by the same designer is stunning.
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий